Extra flavorful with the rich taste of butter and sugar-free chocolate chips, these low carb chocolate chip blondies are sure to be a hit in your house too.
Are you in the mood for something sweet, other than a traditional low carb chocolate chip cookie? Then these chocolate chip pecan blondies might be just what you’re looking for!
I used ChocoPerfection chocolate chips since they do not cause stomach distress like the other sugar-free chocolate chips sweetened with sugar alcohol.
Using the PolyD or VitaFiber and blackstrap molasses results in a chewy bar similar to the bars made with chocolate chip cookie dough. These low carb, chocolate chip pecan blondies are quick and easy to prepare.
Chocolate Chip Pecan Blondies
1 1/3 cups low carb baking mix (You can make your own homemade baking mix by using 1 cup almond flour and 1/3 cup coconut flour.)
1/2 cup polydextrose (or VitaFiber)
1/2 cup butter, (softened)
1 cup low carb sugar substitute
1 1/2 teaspoons blackstrap molasses
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar-free vanilla extract
1/2 cup pecans, (chopped)
3/4 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- In a small bowl, blend the Carbquik and polydextrose; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter, sweetener, molasses, and vanilla until creamy. Add the eggs and beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients and blend on low speed just until combined. Stir in the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Spread in a greased 8×8 inch pan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown all over, checking after the minimum time.
- Cool in the pan on a rack at least 30 minutes before cutting.
- You can make your own homemade baking mix by using 1 cup almond flour and 1/3 cup coconut flour.