One very tasty and easy to make Blueberry Keto Coffee Cake. Pretty simple to prepare a low carb cake. The sugar-free cake layer I covered with layers of cream cheese, blueberries, and cinnamon streusel.
The cake I prepared in stages because there are three basic layers: cake bottom, cream cheese filling, and streusel dressing.
Almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, sweetener, sour cream, oil, vanilla extract, and eggs I use for the ingredients for the cake base.
Almond flour, cinnamon, sweetener, butter, and salt I’m used for the dressing. There is a mixture of cream cheese, eggs, and sweeteners in the cream cheese filling. Blueberries I also sprinkled with stuffing.
Blueberry Keto Coffee Cake
- Cake Layer:
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup low carb sugar substitute (or equivalent)
1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
2 Tablespoons oil
2 teaspoons sugar-free vanilla extract (or 1 teaspoon each vanilla and almond extracts)
1 cup blueberries
- Cream Cheese Layer:
6 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup low carb sugar substitute (or equivalent)
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup low carb sugar substitute (or equivalent)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons butter chilled and cut into small pieces
1/8 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter or oil 9×9 inch pan.
- Cake layer:
- Mix 2 cups of almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¾ cup sweetener (if using powder). Set dry ingredients aside.
- Blend the sour cream (or yogurt), oil, extracts, liquid sweetener (if using), and two eggs and mix well. Add the mixed dry ingredients and blend well.
- Cream Cheese Layer:
- Mix cream cheese, one egg, and ¼ cup sweetener. Set aside.
- Mix 1 cup of the almond meal, one teaspoon cinnamon, ½ cup sweetener, a pinch of salt and the 4 Tablespoons butter until crumbly. Set aside.
- Spread the cake layer in the pan, and spread the cream cheese on top (if it’s the more substantial amount of cream cheese, you won’t be able to cover it evenly, but that’s OK). Then sprinkle the blueberries on the cream cheese and the streusel on the top of that.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick not inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool and slice.
- For more cheesy goodness, add in a whole 8-ounce bar of cream cheese.
- More blueberries there can be added if desired (but carb count will be higher due to the natural fruit sugar).