Reasons to Try and Start Using Castile Soap
You probably longed for a 100% natural , toxin-free soap.. well, it is here and it is everything you ever imagined, AND MORE!
We all know that putting bad products that contain chemicals is worse than eating them. So, you should really be carefull with that and check labels closely for chemical additives.
Castile soap containts ingredients such as olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, hemp oil, water and essential oils.
Tea Tree essential oil is wonderful for acne or blemish-prone skin. It helps to cleanse the skin of bacteria and prevent further breakouts. Eucalyptus helps soothe and cool skin, thus preventing irritation.
- 15 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 25 drops tea tree essential oil
- 8 ounces liquid castile soap
- ¼ cup coconut milk (homemade or canned)
- 1/4 cup Liquid Castille Soap like Dr. Bronners
- 20 drops of Essential Oils of choice (I’ve used peppermint, lavender, rosemary and orange or combinations of those)
- For dry hair: add ½ tsp olive or almond oil (optional)
Combine all ingredients in an old shampoo bottle or jar of some kind (pump soap dispensers and even foaming dispensers work well for this. If you use a foaming dispenser, add 1/4 cup of distilled water)
- Shake well to mix.
- Keep in shower for up to a month.
- Shake before each use.
- Use about a teaspoon every time you shampoo.
If you use a foaming dispenser, it also makes a great shaving cream- just dilute with 1/4 cup distilled water!
1/2 cup castile soap liquid
1/2 cup distilled water
1 TB vitamin E oil (optional)
1 TB sweet almond oil or olive oil or jojoba oil (optional)
15 drops tea tree essential oil
5-10 drops lavender essential oil
In a mason jar or recycled soap dispenser, add the water first (to prevent bubbles) then the liquid castile soap, followed by the oils. Shake the ingredients together.
Shake the soap dispenser before using, then squirt a small amount on your hands as needed, rinsing with water.
- ½ Cup Oil (olive, grape seed, almond etc.)
- ¼ Cup Honey
- ¼ Cup Liquid, Castile Soap
- 10 Drops of Essential Oils (Optional)
Combine ingredients in a bowl and rapidly whisk for several minutes until all of the ingredients have fully emulsified.
Transfer to a pump or squeeze bottle.
I am using my Dr. Bronners castile soap but others are ok too. But be carefull and read labels 🙂