Gluten-Free Peach and Almond Pudding
Using buckwheat flour and almond meal, this gluten-free peach and almond pudding is both cosy and comforting.
- 2/3 cup gluten-free peach jam
- 185g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup milk
- 410g can peach slices in juice, drained
- 200ml tub double thick cream, to serve
Cooking time : 1:30
1. Grease an 8-cup-capacity metal pudding basin with lid. Line base with baking paper. Spoon 1/2 the jam into base of prepared basin.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating to combine after each addition. Sift buckwheat flour and baking powder over butter mixture. Add almond meal and milk. Fold until just combined.
3. Spoon mixture over jam in basin. Smooth top. Secure lid. Place in a large saucepan. Carefully pour enough boiling water into pan to reach halfway up side of basin. Cover. Place over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes, topping up with boiling water when necessary. Remove pan from heat. Carefully lift basin from water and place on a board. Stand for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cut peach slices in half to create thin wedges. Pat dry with paper towel to remove moisture. Place remaining jam in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until bubbling. Add peach slices. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
5. Carefully remove lid from basin. Turn pudding onto a serving plate. Spoon over peach mixture. Serve with cream.
- 2414 kj ENERGY
- 39.2g FAT TOTAL
- 21.6g SATURATED FAT
- 2.8g FIBRE
- 145mg CHOLESTEROL
- 51.1g CARBS (TOTAL)
All nutrition values are per serve